Saturday, 24 March 2012

Introducing and Re-Introducing Our DT - Day 2


Introducing Siv

 Hello there!My name is Siv and I am one of the new DT members of Southern Girls Challenge. I am so excited about this, as I love the world of papercrafting!
I live in Norway with my husband and two wonderful boys born 2009 and 2011 and work as a primary school teacher.
I started papercrafting when our oldest son was born, with the intention of making him a scrapbook album of his first years. But then I discovered card/tagmaking, and this has led to a lot of cards and tags and very few LOs.. My greatest inspiration comes from Tim Holtz – the wizard of papercrafting. I absoulutely adore his products and techniques, as you can see in my blog http://kreativesiv.blogspot..com . Hope you’ll stop by my place sometime! I look forward working on the team and seeing what you all come up with in the SGC’s challenges!

Re-Introducing Viv
 My name is Viv Pert and I live in Hawera, a town of about 11,000 people in beautiful New Zealand, close to a snowy mountain and the west coast beaches. I live with my partner of 20 years and our 2 poodles ,1 golden retriever , a ginger cat, 6 motorbikes (his!) and our VW Kombi. I work 3 days a week as a pharmacist, and in my spare time train my dogs in agility, make cards, read, cook, walk dogs , brush dogs, clip dogs, make more cards........!
I have a serious paper addiction, and a never-ending desire to buy more of everything! I started with rubberstamps and graduated to digital stamps, as they are so much easier to store and you can get them almost instantly. Copics came along also, so my colouring progressed with the help of endless tutorials and lots of practice. Thank goodness for the internet!  I’ve just bought 120 polychromo pencils which I’m having fun learning to use. I have a dedicated room for all my stash, and my dogs all join me in there while I'm playing, gets a bit crowded sometimes but I love their company.
I've got to know so many lovely, talented people through this hobby and blogland.

Introducing Jessi


Hello, my name is Jessica Pascarella! I am thrilled to be joining the Southern Girls Challenge!  I live in Texas with my husband of 8 years, Michael. We have 3 awesome kiddos (Brayden-5, Daniel-4, and Adelynn-2).  Being a stay-at-home, I lean on papercrafting to keep me from pulling out my hair.  I give full credit to my grandmother for introducing my to cardmaking.  She has been making her own cards since I was a teenager (I still have each one that she has sent). My main focus is cardmaking, but I dabble my feet into scrapbooking and altered items.  You can see my creations on my blog,  Kissin’ Krafts.

Re- Introducing Julie
Hi all, I’m thrilled to have been asked to stay on Team Lou for another 6 months, I was sure that after all this time the lovely Lou and Trace would be ready to get rid of me! I have been making cards for as long as I can remember, wouldn’t want to share any of my early makes with you though as my style has changed almost beyond recognition. I’m a working Mum of three teenagers , two girls and a boy who keep me busy with orders for cards for their friends. I love to blog my creations and give tips that I hope will inspire others, if anyone has any tips on how to keep up with the washing and ironing and leave me with more crafty time I would be forever grateful! You can find me here
http://julie-rainbowdays.blogspot.co.uk/ Let me know when you’re coming and I’ll put the coffee on! See you later, Julie.x

Introducing Kasey


Hi I’m known as Kasey ~ in Oz out there in blogland, I’ve been a creative person for most of my life and tired my hand at all sorts of crafts from Leadlighting to Millenary, Ceramics to Beading. I found papercrafts about 6 years ago, I was going through some stuff the other day and found a few of those early cards. OH MY! How far I’ve come since those days. I dabble in Scrapbooking now and then my 3 year old granddaughter is the subject of most of my pages……AND….I have found a new love ….’Copic Markers’! I’m slowly building my collection as well as my knowledge on how to use them. I love bling, Vintage style, layers and detail on my cards and I really struggle with CAS! I consider myself to be a bit of an aging hippy and love paisley, folk music and then I move on to 60s and 70s rock! : ) I am so proud and excited to have been selected to be part of the Southern Girls challenge team and hope to provide our followers with inspiration from my projects. I’m amazed and thrilled to have found so many lovely ‘Blends’ (blog friends) through playing along with challenges and being part of design teams over the past year.




No comments: