Sunday, 29 August 2010

Meet Patricia & Viv


HI! My name is Patricia. I have had a love of crafts since I can remember. In high school I even took two art classes because I loved it so much. You name it and I probably have tried it at one point or another. If I can glue it I can make it. I have gotten back into scrapbooking about 4 years ago. I had three boys and life got in the way and I had to put it on hold, but now with two of my kids grown adults, I have taken it back up and just love it. I can say that it has come so far since I last had scrapbooked. I found card making about a year ago and love it! I haven't stoped since. I love to do card challenges and help inspire other people to try new ideas. I blog hop all the time on the look out for fun new things to do and try. If there is anything I can help you with please don’t hesitate to ask I am always willing to help and if I don’t have an answer I will do my best to get one for you.

My name is Viv Pert and I live in Hawera, a town of about 11,000 people in beautiful New Zealand, close to a snowy mountain and the west coast beaches. I live with my partner of 18 years and our 2 poodles , 2 golden retrievers , a ginger cat, 5 motorbikes( his!) and our VW Kombi. I work 3 days a week as a pharmacist, and in my spare time train my dogs in agility and obedience, make cards, read, cook, walk dogs , brush dogs, clip dogs, make more cards........!
I started off spasmodically scrapbooking, about 8 years ago , after being dragged to a Creative Memories class . It wasn’t till after a cardmaking class at a Tracy’s place about 4 years ago I was hooked and I've thrown myself into this hobby in a big way. Now I have a serious paper addiction, and a never-ending desire to buy more of everything! I started with rubberstamps and graduated to digital stamps, as they are so much easier to store and you can get them almost instantly. Copics came along also, so my colouring progressed with the help of endless tutorials and lots of practice. Thank goodness for the internet! I have a dedicated room for all my stash, and my dogs all join me in there while I'm playing, gets a bit crowded sometimes but I love their company.
I have been on three design teams for digi designers, which I have enjoyed immensely and they have all had very different styles.
I've got to know so many lovely, talented people through this hobby and blogland.

4 comments:

Carisa said...

Oh so exciting!!! I love getting to know all of you better!

Ms. Jen said...

Welcome ladies!! I just can't wait to see what ya'll come up with and get to know ya better. Isn't it funny how most of us start out at a Creative Memories party and end up somewhere else along our crafting journey! This is gonna be so much fun. Can't wait for the challenges to begin.

Alicia said...

Lookin' good ladies! : )
The blog looks fantastic Lou...
Alicia xx

Stamping Seasons said...

Haha Viv... dont go blaming me for getting you hooked at my card classes... you are a worse enabler than me!!!
Trace